Special Slow High Steps
NOTE: The Special Slow High Step is a progressive Mark Time with armswing. The Mark Time ‘At’ position will be the minimum height stipulated for Mark Times. The length of the Special Slow High Step will be one half pace.
The traveling foot will reach the instep alignment of the supporting foot prior to being lifted directly to the Mark Time ‘At’ position. The selected angle will be achieved during the lift to the Mark Time ‘At’ position and will appear to be uniform throughout the team.
The foot will be lowered forward to step one half pace, contacting the ground ball first, sufficiently ahead of the emphasis of the beat to allow the heel to contact ‘in tempo’.
Arms will swing smoothly from front to rear and rear to front, and will pass through the Attention position as the traveling foot passes through midswing. Arms will swing to the extended position in conjunction with the speed of the foot reaching the ‘At’ position on the emphasis of the beat of music. The timing of the arms will appear to be uniform throughout the team. The height of the hands at the extended position will be above the top of the thigh.
Special High Kick Steps in Slow Time
The arms will remain at the Attention position throughout the Special High Kick Steps in Slow Time.
- The Left leg naturally straight, will swing from the hip joint directly forward until the heel is a minimum of 30cm above the ground in a stylish Goose Step. The height of the heel will be uniform throughout the team.
- As the foot in flight passes any alignment of the stationary foot, the leg/foot angle will extend so that the foot appears fully stretched at the High kick position with the toes stretched downward.
- As the Left leg naturally straight swings down from the required height following the Lines of Force, the rear heel will progressively rise to carry the body weight evenly forward.
- The ball of the foot in flight will contact the ground in a controlled manner, in Line of March, sufficiently ahead of the emphasis of the beat to allow the heel to contact in tempo.
- As the heel rolls down at the completion of the High Kick pace, the weight will continue to move forward over the sole of the supporting foot.
Beats 3 & 4:
The Right leg will repeat the action of the Left leg.
The length of pace for the Special High Kick Step in Slow Time will be one half pace.
High Kick Right Turn
PIVOT LEFT - Left Beat:
Commencing from the Stationary position, pivot the required angle to the Left on the ball of the Right foot, at the same time carry the Left foot alongside the Right, toes in line, legs naturally straight.
The Left foot will be carried backward just clear of the ground, to be placed flat on the ground in the Stationary position at the completion of the turn.
PIVOT RIGHT - Left Beat
Commencing from the Stationary position, pivot the required angle to the Right on the ball of the Right foot, at the same time carry the Left foot alongside the Right, toes in line, legs naturally straight
•The Left foot will be carried forward just clear of the ground, to be placed flat on the ground in the Stationary position at the completion of the turn.